This page provides you with information about we are handling or intending to handle your PERSONAL information when you use our website and sign up for our newsletter.
Introduction to data protection
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament – the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) – obliges us to provide you with information about how and why we use your data. We recognise our obligations and your legal set out in the GDPR.
Personal information we collect or obtain about you
The type of information we collect about you may include information such as:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your address;
- Your phone number
- Your payment information (e.g. your credit or debit card details);
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address and browser type);
- Information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time you viewed them and what you clicked on);
- Information about your mobile device – number.
- Feedback and opinions which you provide to us through our enquiry or contact forms I processed to allow us to answer queries and complaints you may have and to help us evaluate the quality and consistency of our services.
We may also obtain personal information about you from certain publicly accessible sources, including (but not limited to) online customer databases, business directories, media publications, social media, websites and other publicly accessible sources.
You already have the information
Providing you with information would prove impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort;
We are under EU or EU member state law obligation to obtain or disclose the information, which provides appropriate measures to protect your legitimate interests;
We are obliged to keep the information confidential as a result of an obligation of professional secrecy regulated by EU or EU member state law.
Legal basis for processing:
The legal basis for processing personal data is of our legitimate interest allowing us to promote, develop and accomplish growth of our business through the sale of products, services and to enable the enhancement of customer services.
Newsletter, marketing and offers, we may send to you unsolicited direct email materials, but only where you have requested, therefore granting your consent or if they relate to products and services similar to those you have purchased on previous occasions or expressed an interest in.
Disclosing, sharing and transferring your personal data:
We have listed below groups of Organisations to whom we may divulge only the necessary information about you. We feel that this is in our legitimate interests.
- Organisation: In-house
Purpose: To fulfil our CRM and email program.
- Organisation: Banks, Card Payment Companies, Mailing Houses, Retail Partners
Purpose: To fulfil any order that you place with DEL.
We will hold information about you in our data systems only for as long as we need to hold it which is mainly, as follows:
- If you continue to use our services, we will hold and process information about you. User accounts are automatically suspended when idle (i.e. users have not logged in and/or have not opened our Newsletter or other emails) for a period of Two years. Inactive accounts remain maintained on our Business Data Systems indefinitely.
- We will retain information of your interaction with our electronic communications while ever the data is relevant for as long as: a) the individual remains in their job; b) they have an interest in KEL products; c) KEL products continue to be relevant for their organisation.
- When personal data is deleted from KEL database we keep secure records on for back up purposes, which are only used in essential business predicaments.
Personal data linked to insurance claims will be held for an unlimited period.
We reserve the right to re-evaluate our retention policy. If a decision is made to extend the retention periods, we will keep you informed.
The GDPR grants you certain rights (‘information rights’) which we summarise below:
Right of Access:
You have the right of access to information we hold about or concerning you. If you would like to exercise this right you should contact us using the details below:
Right of Access and of data portability:
You have the right of access to information we hold about or concerning you. If you would like to exercise this right you should contact us.
Right of rectification or erasure:
If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which our processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we shall take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared your data about your request for erasure.
Right of restriction of processing:
You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we don’t need to hold your data anymore but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of our processing your personal data.
Right to object:
You have a right to object to our processing of your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
Right to Withdraw Consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
Right of Complaint:
You also have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at ico.org.uk
If you would like to find out more about your rights please contact us using the following details:
Dunbeath Engineering Ltd, Markethill, Dunbeath, Caithness, KW6 6EJ, UK.